Warning: Undefined array key "id" in G:\PleskVhosts\staragri.com\httpdocs\wp-content\themes\agri\single-leaders.php on line 43
Economist, Senior Editor and Policy Commentator, G. Chandrashekhar is a global agribusiness and commodities market specialist. He passionately analyzes and comments on agriculture, agribusiness and commodity markets (including energy and metals) as also international trade and developmental issues.
Apart from writing for India’s most credible business daily (The Hindu Business Line) for well over two decades and appearing on business television and providing policy inputs for the government through personal interaction, he has been speaking regularly at national and international forums on a range of topics including Indian macro-economy, food and nutrition security, role of technology in agriculture, trade and investment opportunities, global and Indian commodities market outlook and so on.
Chandrashekhar has held and continues to hold several public positions. Currently, he is:
- Economic Advisor, IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- International Consultant, U.N. International Trade Centre, Geneva
- Independent Member, SEBI Commodity Derivatives Advisory Committee
- Member, SEBI Research Advisory Committee
- Lead Trainer and Mentor for SEBI-NISM recognised training institutions
- Member, Expert Committee for Agribusiness and Rural Management, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University
- Member, Board of Governors, Allana Institute of Management Studies
- Visiting Faculty in a few leading B-Schools
He has been a valued Resource Person for USDA (FAS-USDA, New Delhi) for over three decades and is associated with several international institutions including World Bank, IFPRI, ICAC, Global Pulse Confederation, US Soybean Export Council and more. He was Consultant to the World Bank – Government of India joint project called National Agriculture Innovation Project (NAIP) during 2006-2008. He was nominated by the government as Independent Director on the Board of commodity exchanges. His columns in various publications and comments on television are keenly tracked.
In 2003, for the first time in the country, Chandrashekhar conceptualised and designed a training program for stakeholders to enter the commodity derivatives market for price risk management and investment. Over the years, he has conducted numerous training sessions.
Associated with cultural and social activities for decades, Chandra Shekhar is a stage artiste of over 40 years’ standing and a student of Indian classical music (Hindustani style).